Because coronavirus has haunted the world down and the second wave is expected in the coming days with even more force, people in the world are shattered and terrified because of the rumours of Ebola virus. It is the history of the world that thousands of viruses and plagues have haunted the planet earth from time to time. Millions of people have died due to such invasions. Although antidotes and cure were discovered or invented but, they were experimented on humans after much later the invasion. That is why millions of people died.
What is happening in coronavirus? And its link to Ebola virus:
Similar situation is happening in the present day. When coronavirus is victimising people mercilessly. Almost 60 million people in the world are affected with this virus so far. And more cases are reporting rapidly with every upcoming day. No vaccine for this virus is invented yet. And people are losing the lives of their loved ones. A sense of panic is spreading day by day. Countries have launched the lockdown patterns in which every shop, office and factory is closed till the next order. And due to that inflation is increasing and the economic crisis is growing day by day. And then there is a rumour of Ebola murmuring and scaring people.
The Ebola virus:
At first discovered in 1976 this virus has a very similar history to coronavirus. Yet it is different from it. It’s rather a very dangerous disease. Yes you read it correctly. Ebola is although a virus yet it takes the shape of a disease later. Ebola virus transmits from a non human or primates to humans. This virus is found in bats, pigs, bears, snakes and monkeys. Like coronavirus, Ebola can easily transmit from touch. A direct touch to the affected person or his belongings like his fluid, or face parts or his hand or clothes he is wearing can make you a patient of Ebola as well.
How will the Ebola virus transmit from one person to another?
The transmittal of ebola virus is somehow similar to the transmitting process of coronavirus. The main thing is the direct contact. If you touch the patient of Ebola virus with naked hand, the virus will transmit into you. Physical touch for example hand touch, mouth, nose and eye touch can spread the virus. Other possible transmitting options are;
- Direct touch through hand face, lips, eyes and blood.
- Fluids of the patient like mucous, membranes, blood, semen etc can spread Ebola virus.
- Things and objects like clothes, personal belongings like mobile, car keys, hair pins, scarves, bed sheets, handkerchiefs and socks can easily transmit ebola virus from one person to another.
- Sitting next to the patient without wearing a mask and breathing before him or her.
- Using the patient’s things or eating the patient’s leftovers will certainly spread Ebola virus.
- Disposing off the medical tools like needles, syringes, drips, tablet plates and tissue papers of Ebola virus patients without wearing gloves will transmit the virus.
The chances of transmitting Ebola virus are very vibrant. Hence, it is very important to take extra precautions and prevention while treating such patients. With very common mistakes and a slight carelessness, you can indulge yourself in this trouble.
What are the signs and symptoms of Ebola virus?
Maximum days in which the symptoms of EVD get visible are between 2 to 21 days. But generally within 8 to 10 days the symptoms become visible. We usually have two types of the signs and symptoms of Ebola virus. One common and the second is severe. Common symptoms are those by which a person cannot judge that he or she is affected by Ebola. But the severe symptoms leave no choice but to seek immediate medical support. Severe and common symptoms include;
- Body and muscle pain.
- Mild fever, cough or flu.
- Gastrointestinal problems.
- Red eyes. Itchy and watery eyes.
- Running nose.
- Diarrhoea, vomiting and loose motions. (Severe symptoms)
- Haemorrhage bleeding. (Severe symptoms)
Symptoms may vary according to a person’s lifestyle and age. It may include or exclude few or more symptoms and signs. But usually Ebola virus includes such signs. With diarrhoea, if you are having persistent hiccups, don’t consider it a mild vomiting or loose motions. Rather seek immediate medical help.
Best possible treatment for the patient:
A few of the mentioned below treatments are for Ebolavirus and do have a good reputation.
- Luckily, we have the vaccine for Ebola virus and thankfully this vaccine does have a positive effect to prevent the Ebola virus. EVD vaccine name is rVSV-ZEBOV for the prevention of Ebola virus. This vaccine is approved by the U.S. organization. Through this vaccination, the person can not get this virus. Nor this virus hurt their internal organs too badly.
- The second treatment is to supply fluids and watery items to the patient of Ebola virus. To generate oxygen in the body. It will include water, vitamin c drinks, watermelon, and juices. Water and other fluids consumption maintain the temperature of the patient and helps to eliminate the Ebola virus from the patient’s body.
- The third treatment is those anti-inflammatory drugs that help to reduce vomiting and diarrhoea. These medicines reduce nausea, heartburn, bowel movement and other conditions that cause discomfort. It is seen that drugs are given to the patient of this particular virus persistently along with the fluids to lower down the intensity of the virus. And many patients recover with just the proper composition of medication. Although Ebola virus is a deadly virus that takes the shape of a disease later, however, people with a strong will and immune system often defeat this virus as well.
A few of the side effects that you may face after recovering from EVD:
Unlike coronavirus, Ebola virus does have some side effects. coronavirus patients didn’t show any side effects after recovering so far. But the Ebola virus patients have experienced a few bad health conditions after the invasion of the virus, such as;
- fatigue and tiredness.
- Muscles pain and discomfort.
- Blurred vision or eyesight issues. (slightly)
- Abdominal pain.
- bowel movement.
Patients of Ebola virus may experience a few more health issues according to age and gender.
Precautions to prevent this virus from affecting your body:
Just like coronavirus, you do need to follow and adopt some precautionary measure to skip the trouble. These precautions are;
- Don’t take nausea or loose motion lightly when the condition prolongs upto 3 days.
- Avoid using other people’s belongings.
- Take good care of your hygiene.
- Avoid direct contact with animals like primates or other suspected animals when there is EVD in the region.
- If you are feeling down or your body temperature is high for two to three days, seek medical help.
- People with other chronic diseases avoid meeting ebola virus patients.
- older people do have a higher chance of getting caught up in this disease.
- People with Asthma, gastrointestinal issues, diabetes, pneumonia and other similar diseases can attract this virus deliberately.
- Don’t take your cough and flu lightly.
- The symptoms will appear between 2 to 21 days. Keep in check yourself between these days after meeting a patient of EVD.
How Ebola virus is different from coronavirus? Some discriminating aspects:
There are not many but a few things that demarcate coronavirus from Ebola virus. With a keen study you will understand the difference.
- Coronavirus is a virus which will be cured within 14 days.
- Ebola virus is a virus that will convert into a disease later.
- Coronavirus common symptoms are flu, cough and short of breath.
- Ebola virus symptoms include diarrhoea, hemorrhage bleeding, cough fever and headache.
- Hiccups for a long time are the major discomfort of the patient of Ebola virus.
- Coronavirus patients don’t have hiccups.
- Coronavirus hurts the lung.
- Ebola virus may cause hemorrhage bleeding to some patients.
- Coronavirus is transmitted from one person to another through touch and breath.
- Similar viruses also have similar conditions.
- Coronavirus don’t have post recovery bad health issues.
- Ebola virus has bad effects after recovery.
The final words:
Indeed Ebola virus is an extremely deadly virus. Because it changes itself into a disease later. Whereas, coronavirus attacks a human body like a virus merely and when it is cured it will not attack that particular body again except in a few cases. However, both of the health conditions are extremely unfavourable for humans. Coronavirus has taken the lives of millions of people so far. And the same is the Ebola virus. The need of the time is to adopt prevention and precautions. We all should consider the fact that a human life is very important and it can’t be given anew once taken. So, we need to be very careful at the moment. And adopt all the basic manners. It is the only way by far to defeat coronavirus and Ebola virus. Otherwise people are dying with coronavirus and this virus even without any symptoms.